Alexandria Consulting Team (ACT) LLC is a management consulting company established in 2004 by highly experienced international business and development experts. The founding partners have over 85 years of combined professional experience working on international economic development projects in 41 countries. By combining their geographical and technical expertise, passion for achieving sustainable results and high professional standards, ACT was formed to make business and economic development projects more effective through better understanding and utilization of knowledge and expertise. ACT focuses on projects that strengthen small and medium size businesses, micro-enterprises, local governments, associations and non-profit organizations.
Private Sector Development
Trade and Investment Facilitation
Small and Medium Size Business Development
Business and Social Entrepreneurship
Project Design and Management
- Designed, implemented and assessed 129 enterprise-level technical assistance projects for an SME program in Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- Designed and managed three year trade program in six countries of Eastern Europe: Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania and Serbia.
- Developed and conducted a public health project in Kenya to eliminate a tropical disease in coordination with the World Health Organization, University of Nairobi and the local government.
Strategic and Business Planning
- Surveyed and evaluated the potential for establishing a number of Communities of Practice for USAID's Europe and Eurasia bureau staff, contractors and beneficiaries. Designed communities of practice for practitioners of competitiveness and ICT.
- Advised US government agency staff in a project management planning process, assisting them to develop a system for tracking and evaluating field projects and sharing best practices.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Led program evaluations and designed and reviewed project M & E plans for 24 business and NGO projects in Europe, North Africa and Asia, and 10 business development projects in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Conducted external evaluations of micro and small lending programs in the Caucasus: Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Training Design and Delivery
- Developed and conducted customer service training courses for businesses and universities in the United Arab Emirates.
- Taught ESL classes in Cambodia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Senegal, and the United Arab Emirates.
- Led design process for development of a 40-hour consulting skills course for business development service providers in Mali.
Women in Business Initiatives
- Led trainer capacity building project to boost women entrepreneur skills in Jordan.
- Supported the establishment of a number of local, regional and national women's business associations in Russia, which spurred changes in legislation that removed barriers to women in business.
- Conducted international conferences, summits and business events in the US, Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East.
- Organized press conferences for US government officials, business executives and non-profit leaders.
Public Private Partnership
- Conducted training and public-private policy roundtables in Russia that led to a national tax policy symposium, resulting in regulatory changes that alleviated tax compliance burden on businesses and a healthier dialogue on future policy matters.
ACT forms strategic partnerships and collaborates with companies and not-for-profit organizations on projects and proposals. Examples of companies and organizations with whom ACT has signed teaming agreements include:
- Booz Allen Hamilton: www.BoozAllen.com
- Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI): www.DAI.com
- International Executive Service Corps (IESC): www.IESC.org
As a woman owned small business that delivers outstanding work, ACT is an attractive partner or subcontractor. If you are interested in partnering with ACT, contact us at email@example.com
- Ivory Coast
- United Arab Emirates