Private Sector Development
Trade and Investment Facilitation
Small and Medium Size Business Development
Business and Social Entrepreneurship
Project Design and Management
- Designed, implemented and assessed 129 enterprise-level technical assistance projects for an SME program in Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- Designed and managed three year trade program in six countries of Eastern Europe: Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania and Serbia.
- Developed and conducted a public health project in Kenya to eliminate a tropical disease in coordination with the World Health Organization, University of Nairobi and the local government.
Strategic and Business Planning
- Surveyed and evaluated the potential for establishing a number of Communities of Practice for USAID's Europe & Eurasia bureau staff, contractors and beneficiaries. Designed communities of practice for practitioners of competitiveness and ICT.
- Advised US government agency staff in a project management planning process, assisting them to develop a system for tracking and evaluating field projects and sharing best practices.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Led program evaluations and designed and reviewed project M&E plans for 24 business and NGO projects in Europe, North Africa and Asia, and 10 business development projects in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Conducted external evaluations of micro and small lending programs in the Caucasus: Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Training Design and Delivery
- Developed and conducted customer service training course for businesses and universities in the United Arab Emirates.
- Taught ESL classes in Cambodia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Senegal, and the United Arab Emirates.
- Led design process for development of a 40-hour consulting skills course for business development service providers in Mali.
Women in Business Initiatives
- Led trainer capacity building project to boost women entrepreneur skills in Jordan.
- Supported the establishment of a number of local, regional and national women's business associations in Russia, which spurred changes in legislation that removed barriers to women in business.
- Conducted international conferences, summits and business events in the US, Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East.
- Organized press conferences for US government officials, business executives, and non-profit leaders.
Public Private Partnership
- Conducted training and public-private policy roundtables in Russia that led to a national tax policy symposium, resulting in regulatory changes that alleviated tax compliance burden on businesses and a healthier dialogue on future policy matters.
ACT's partners have managed projects funded by the following donors:
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- United States Department of Defense (USDOD)
- United States Department of State (USDOS)
- World Bank Group (WBG)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
ACT forms strategic partnerships and collaborates with companies and not-for-profit organizations on projects and proposals. Examples of companies and organizations with whom ACT has signed teaming agreements include:
- Booz Allen Hamilton: www.boozallen.com
- Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI): www.dai.com
- International Executive Service Corps (IESC): www.iesc.org
As a woman owned small business that delivers outstanding work, ACT is an attractive partner or subcontractor. If you are interested in partnering with ACT, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACT makes its consulting services available quickly and with a minimum amount of paperwork. The type of contract used, depends on the needs of the client. Typical contracts include:
- Time and Material Contracts
- Firm Fixed Price Contracts
US Government Contracts
Indefinite Quantity Contracts (IQCs) are a contracting tool of the US Agency for International Development. IQCs pre-qualify a limited number of companies and organizations for a competitive bidding process. ACT has partnered with companies who participate in the following IQCs: SEGIR - FS: Support for Economic Growth and Institutional Reform - Financial Sector and SEGIR - GBTI II: Support for Economic Growth and Institutional Reform - General Business Trade and Investment.